The 100% Pure light beer finds the right partner in Stillwater Sports, announces its first sports sponsorship in South Africa in more than five years.
Cape Town, 20 January 2014: Windhoek Light has announced its first South African sponsorship in more than five years. The award-winning light beer is now the official beer partner of Stillwater Sports and has signed up to co-sponsor 10 multisport – trail running, mountain biking and swimming – races across South Africa over a year.
The first race of 2015 in the sponsorship series is the TOTALSPORTS XTERRA Buffelspoort presented by REHIDRAT® SPORT, an off road triathlon taking place this weekend, 24 and 25 January 2015 in the North West Province.
“Windhoek Light is a brand of no compromise and therefore we are very selective about what and who we support. We are very excited about the growth of multisport in South Africa and have been looking for an opportunity to support these athletes. That’s why we’re delighted to partner with Stillwater Sports, a company that has impressed us with their unwavering commitment to the growth of multisport; their professionalism and their values of no compromise which we really resonate with,” says Alan Roberts, Windhoek Beer Marketing Manager at brandhouse.
Windhoek Beer allows discerning beer lovers to enjoy quality beer brewed in the German Reinheitsgebot tradition, whether it be lager, draught or light beer, Roberts explains. It contains only three pure ingredients, malted barley, hops and water. It is the first beer in South Africa to have received the Heart Foundation stamp of approval.
“Windhoek Light is the only light beer in South Africa that is light in both alcohol AND kilojoules, but still tastes like a full-flavoured beer,” says Roberts.
“Windhoek Light is therefore a lifestyle choice for people who want to live an active life, and after a long day of training, reward themselves with a crisp, light beer that tastes like full-bodied beer.”
Windhoek Light is the official beer sponsor of the following Stillwater Sports events:
- The Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails 2-Day Mountain Bike (MTB) Stage Race in Stellenbosch which took place on 28 and 29 November, 2014
- The Totalsports XTERRA off-road triathlon at Buffelspoort Dam in the North West Province, on 24 and 25 January, 2015
- The Sanlam Cape Mile open water swim in Grabouw on 14 February, 2015
- The Totalsports XTERRA off-road triathlon in Grabouw on 20 – 22 February, 2015
- The ProNutro AfricanX Trailrun at Houwhoek Inn in the Overberg on 13, 14 and 15 March, 2015
- The FNB Magalies Monster Mountain Bike Classic at Buffelsboort in the North West Province on 23 May, 2015
- The FNB Platinum Trail Run at Buffelspoort on 24 May, 2015
- The Windhoek XTERRA Party in the Knysna Waterfront on 9 July, 2015
- The Totalsports XTERRA Knysna off road triathlon at the Pezula Private Estate on 8 and 9 July, 2015
- The Pennypinchers Origin of Trails 2-Day Mountain Bike (MTB) Stage Race in Stellenbosch on 27 and 28 November, 2015